1400m, Caulfield, $500,000, weight-for-age
* First run in 1898 when won by Resolute. Group One since 1980.
* Comedy King (1910); Phar Lap (1931); Ajax (1938/39/40); Bernborough (1946); Gunsynd (1972); Manikato (1979/80/81/83); Vo Rogue (1988); Schillaci (1995); Testa Rossa (2000); Fields Of Omagh (2006); Niconero (2008/09); More Joyous (2011); All Too Hard (2013).
* Second 1400m Group One race in two weeks at Caulfield
* Lee Freedman with four winners – Mannerism (1992); Schillaci (1993/95); Mr Murphy (2001) and David Hayes – Primacy (1994); Fields Of Omagh (2006); Niconero (2008/09) – head the modern day trainers.
* Roy Higgins won the race eight times while Damien Oliver has won four with Mannerism (1992); Testa Rossa (2000); Mr Murphy (2001); Suavito (2016).
* Turn Me Loose is chasing his second consecutive win.
* Favourite Black Heart Bart is unbeaten from three starts over the 1400m at Caulfield, including the Group One Memsie and Group One C F Orr this season.
WHAT THE KEY PLAYERS ARE SAYING:
“He’s had three starts over the Caulfield 1400 metres and won them all. So I just think he’s well-placed and he’s the horse to beat, simple as that,” – Black Heart Bart’s jockey Brad Rawiller.
“”He was ridden back first-up but I loved his acceleration until he knocked up. He’s got a good barrier and will grab the race by the scruff of the neck” – co-trainer David Hayes on He’s Our Rokkii.
Article from JustHorseRacing.com.au