The third game on Sunday for AFL Round 20 is between West Coast Eagles and Collingwood Magpies. The game is set to commence at 2:40 PM with the game to be played at Patersons Stadium. The favourite for the match is away team Collingwood Magpies. View our preview and teams for the game between West Coast Eagles and Collingwood Magpies.
Round: Round 20 , August 10, 2014, 2:40 PM
Stadium: Patersons Stadium
Weather: 22° Sunny.
[iframe_loader width=”690″ height=”310″ src=”http://www.sportsnews.com.au/odds/afl/match.php?id=1431779&sb&lx&b3″]
WEST Coast and Collingwood have a storied rivalry and this promises to be another very entertaining chapter. The two sides played out one of the best matches of the season in round 10. The Magpies’ midfield that night arrested control when the game was there to be won. But the Eagles had their chances, which has been the story of their season. Their performance to out-gun Adelaide showed what they are capable of. There are two keys to this game: Collingwood needs to find goals while the Eagles need to break even at the very least in the midfield.
LAST TWO TIMES
R10, 2014, Collingwood 17.7 (109) d West Coast 15.11 (101) at MCG
R22, 2013, Collingwood 15.11 (101) d West Coast 5.9 (39) at MCG
1SF, 2012, Collingwood 10.13 (73) d West Coast 9.6 (60) at MCG
R22, 2012, West Coast 15.17 (107) d Collingwood 8.10 (58) at Patersons Stadium
R13, 2012, Collingwood 12.13 (85) d West Coast 12.10 (82) at MCG
THE SIX POINTS
1. Collingwood’s star midfield proved the difference in the win in round 10 at the MCG. Scott Pendlebury had 32 possessions, Dayne Beams 31, Steele Sidebottom 29 and Dane Swan 26.
2. Collingwood is ranked fourth for marks inside 50 with an average of 12.4. Travis Cloke is ranked fourth among players averaging 3.1 per game.
3. Collingwood has really struggled with its ball use in 2014. The Magpies are ranked fourth for the most clangers, averaging 45.8 per game. West Coast is ranked 13th at 42.7.
4. At Patersons Stadium the Eagles have dominated Collingwood with 10 wins to four, but the Magpies have won two of the last three.
5. Despite winning last week Collingwood continues to struggle to score. In the last month the Magpies average just 68 points.
6. Collingwood has four midfielders ranked inside the top 30 of the Official AFL Player Ratings, while West Coast has none. Scott Pendlebury (2), Steele Sidebottom (19), Dayne Beams (23), and Dane Swan (29) are all ranked ahead the Eagles’ highest in Matt Priddis (35).
B, Shannon Hurn, Mitchell Brown, Will Schofield
HB, Jamie Bennell, Eric Mackenzie, Xavier Ellis
C, Jamie Cripps, Matt Priddis, Andrew Gaff
HF, Chris Masten, Jack Darling, Josh Hill
F, Scott Lycett, Josh Kennedy, Mark LeCras
Fol, Nic Naitanui, Mark Hutchings, Luke Shuey
I/C, Sam Butler, Dean Cox, Patrick McGinnity, Adam Carter, Jeremy McGovern, Dominic Sheed, Ashley Smith
In, Dean Cox, Adam Carter, Ashley Smith
B Marley Williams, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack.
HB Alan Toovey, Lachlan Keeffe, Heritier Lumumba.
C Steele Sidebottom, Brent Macaffer, Alex Fasolo.
HF Jarryd Blair, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead.
F Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Ben Reid.
Fol Jarrod Witts, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury
I/C Sam Dwyer, Ben Kennedy, Luke Ball, Clinton Young, Josh Thomas, Tony Armstrong, Tom Langdon (three to be omitted)
In Alan Toovey, Ben Kennedy, Luke Ball, Clinton Young, Josh Thomas.
Out Kyle Martin (Omitted), Taylor Adams (Finger)