The third game of Sunday AFL Round 19 matches is between Collingwood Magpies and Port Adelaide Power. The game is set to commence at 4:40 PM local time with the game to be played at MCG. Away team Port Adelaide Power go into the match as the favourites in the market. View our preview and teams for the game between Collingwood Magpies and Port Adelaide Power.
Round: Round 19 , August 03, 2014, 4:40 PM
Weather: 14° Mostly sunny
[iframe_loader width=”690″ height=”310″ src=”http://www.sportsnews.com.au/odds/afl/match.php?id=1431753&sb&lx&b3″]
TWO TEAMS on the slide meet in a clash that gives both an opportunity to restore life to their season. Port Adelaide will start favourite although it has won just two of its past six and only managed to creep past Melbourne in the dying minutes of its round 18 game at Adelaide Oval. Collingwood’s slide is gathering pace with one win from six matches and a range of statistics indicating the wheels have fallen off. The Magpies’ effort returned last week against Adelaide but it was not good enough to win despite hitting the lead in the final quarter. Port, in contrast, was good enough to win despite looking gone against Melbourne. Expect Port Adelaide, bolstered by the likely return of Angus Monfries and Alipate Carlile, to find enough to beat the Magpies.
LAST FIVE TIMES
2EF, 2013, Port Adelaide 12.15 (87) d Collingwood 9.9 (63) at MCG
R14, 2013, Port Adelaide 13.8 (86) d Collingwood 7.9 (51) at AAMI Stadium
R4, 2012, Collingwood 14.13 (97) d Port Adelaide 10.13 (73) at Etihad Stadium
R20, 2011, Collingwood 23.21 (159) d Port Adelaide 3.3 (21) at AAMI Stadium
R1, 2011, Collingwood 24.11 (155) d Port Adelaide 12.8 (80) at Etihad Stadium
THE SIX POINTS
1. Port Adelaide has not won three consecutive games against Collingwood since 1998-2000.
2. Port Adelaide’s ranked second for marks inside 50 with an average of 13.6 per game while Collingwood is ranked fourth averaging 12.5 per game.
3. Collingwood maintains a slight lead over Port Adelaide in head to head contests having won 13 to Port Adelaide’s 11.
4. Collingwood has dropped from fourth to ninth on the ladder after losing five of its past six. It has averaged 78 points for and 96 points against in those past six weeks.
5. Collingwood has been inaccurate in front of goal kicking 204.213 with an accuracy rate of 46.7 per cent. Port Adelaide has kicked 256.223 with accuracy of 50.2 per cent.
6. Port Adelaide forward Chad Wingard’s Official AFL Player Ratings ranking has dropped to 477, ranked 34th in the AFL while Collingwood’s Dayne Beams is on the rise moving to 488 points to be ranked No.26.
B Marley Williams, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack.
HB Paul Seedsman, Lachlan Keeffe, Heritier Lumumba.
C Steele Sidebottom, Brent Macaffer, Alex Fasolo.
HF Taylor Adams, Jesse White, Tim Broomhead.
F Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Ben Reid.
Fol Jarrod Witts, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury.
I/C Sam Dwyer, Brodie Grundy, Ben Kennedy, Jarryd Blair, Clinton Young, Tony Armstrong, Kyle Martin (Three to be omitted)
In Alex Fasolo, Sam Dwyer, Brodie Grundy, Tony Armstrong.
Out Tom Langdon (Omitted).
Port Adelaide Power:
B Jarman Impey, Alipate Carlile, Tom Jonas.
HB Matthew Broadbent, Jack Hombsch, Jasper Pittard
C Jared Polec, Ollie Wines, Hamish Hartlett
HF Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Angus Monfries.
F Paul Stewart, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard.
Fol Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Brad Ebert.
I/C Cam O’Shea, Benjamin Newton, Kane Cornes, Andrew Moore, Jake Neade, Karl Amon, Kane Mitchell (three to be omitted)
In Alipate Carlile, Angus Monfries, Andrew Moore, Jake Neade, Karl Amon, Kane Mitchell.
Out Matt White (groin), Dom Cassisi (retired), Aaron Young (foot).