The second game of Saturday AFL Round 17 matches is between North Melbourne Kangaroos and St Kilda Saints. The game is set to commence at 2:10 PM local time with the game to be played at Blundstone Arena. Home team North Melbourne Kangaroos go into the match as the favourites in the market. View our preview and teams for the game between North Melbourne Kangaroos and St Kilda Saints.
Round: Round 17 , July 12, 2014, 2:10 PM
Stadium: Blundstone Arena
Weather: 10° Possible morning shower.
[iframe_loader width=”690″ height=”310″ src=”http://www.sportsnews.com.au/odds/afl/match.php?id=1352833&sb&lx&b3″]
The Kangaroos play the Saints on Saturday, 2.10PM at Blunderstone Arena. North Melbourne should be able to win this one easily, with the Saints continuing to
struggle down the bottom of the ladder. While the Roos have been terribly inconsistent this season, St Kilda have simply been terrible and don’t look like turning
things around any time soon. After a bright 3-2 start to the 2014 season, St Kilda have lost their last 10 games by an average margin of 63 points. Even if the
Roos have a shocker this weekend, they should be safe against the Saints.
LAST FIVE TIMES
R10, 2013, North Melbourne 19.19 (133) d St Kilda 10.5 (65) at Etihad Stadium
R14, 2012, North Melbourne 21.10 (136) d St Kilda 15.13 (103) at Etihad Stadium
R23, 2011, St Kilda 19.21 (135) d North Melbourne 10.10 (70) at Etihad Stadium
R15, 2011, St Kilda 12.7 (79) d North Melbourne 10.10 (70) at Etihad Stadium
R20, 2010, St Kilda 17.13 (115) d North Melbourne 9.9 (63) at Etihad Stadium
THE SIX POINTS
1. North Melbourne will be playing its fifth game at Blundstone Arena this Saturday and has a 2-2 record at its Hobart ‘home’. It will be St Kilda’s first game at the venue.
2. In the Roos’ win over the Saints last year, Aaron Black booted five goals, Brent Harvey and Drew Petrie four apiece and Todd Goldstein was best on ground in the ruck.
3. North is ranked second in the competition for disposal efficiency (73.7 per cent) this season, while St Kilda is languishing in 16th (70.9 per cent).
4. Only Gold Coast has had more clangers in 2014 than St Kilda, with the Saints averaging 46.7 a game. North is ranked 10th (43.9 a game).
5. North small forward Lindsay Thomas averages just 5.8 player ratings points against St Kilda, his lowest return against any side.
Thomas is the 12th ranked small/medium forward in competition (113th overall) in the Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade.
6. North and St Kilda have met 151 times, with the Saints holding a 76- 73 edge. The remaining two games were draws.
B Luke McDonald, Scott D. Thompson, Scott McMahon
HB Shaun Atley, Lachlan Hansen, Michael Firrito
C Sam Gibson, Andrew Swallow, Sam Wright
HF Brent Harvey, Aaron Black, Nick Dal Santo
F Ben Brown, Drew Petrie, Lindsay Thomas
FOLL Todd Goldstein, Ben Cunnington, Levi Greenwood
I/C Ryan Bastinac, Ben Jacobs, Leigh Adams,Aaron Mullett
EMG Brad McKenzie, Trent Dumont, Majak Daw
IN Aaron Mullett
OUT Liam Anthony (Omitted)
B Sam Fisher, Luke Delaney, Sean Dempster
HB Shane Savage, James Gwilt, Dylan Roberton
C Jack Newnes, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
HF Luke Dunstan, Nick Riewoldt, David Armitage
F Adam Schneider, Rhys Stanley, Jack Billings
FOLL Tom Hickey, Sebastian Ross, Maverick Weller
I/C Farren Ray, Tom Curren, Sam Dunell,Cameron Shenton
EMG Clinton Jones, Josh Saunders, Darren Minchington
IN Sam Fisher, Lenny Hayes, Tom Hickey, Tom Curren
OUT Darren Minchington (Omitted), Trent Dennis-Lane (Omitted), Jack Steven (Thigh), Billy Longer (Omitted)