The first game of Sunday AFL Round 13 matches is between Geelong Cats and St Kilda Saints. The game is set to commence at 1:10 PM local time with the game to be played at Simonds Stadium. Home team Geelong Cats go into the match as the favourites in the market. View our preview and teams for the game between Geelong Cats and St Kilda Saints.
Round: Round 13 , June 15, 2014 , 1:10 PM
Stadium: Simonds Stadium
Weather: 15° Partly cloudy.
[iframe_loader width=”690″ height=”310″ src=”http://www.sportsnews.com.au/odds/afl/match.php?id=1191986&sb&lx&b3″]
|St Kilda Saints||14.00||14.00||17.00||14.00||14.00||15.00|
All odds are subject to change. Odds listed are correct at the time of the latest update.
THE CATS have been in a trough since they defeated Hawthorn in round five, winning three games and losing three since then. Having been humiliated by the Sydney Swans in round 11, they were very lucky to scrape past Carlton in the opening game of round 12. Nevertheless, their overall win-loss record is an impressive 8-3 and they have reached the half-way mark of their home and away campaign in fifth place on the ladder, just percentage outside the top four. And Geelong won’t get a better chance to find form than in this clash against the battling Saints, who are second-last on the ladder and were demolished by Port Adelaide last weekend.
LAST FIVE TIMES
R18, 2013, Geelong 21.11 (137) d St Kilda 5.6 (36) at Simonds Stadium
R21, 2012, Geelong 18.15 (123) d St Kilda 11.15 (81) at Etihad Stadium
R13, 2011, Geelong 15.10 (100) d St Kilda 11.6 (72) at MCG
R1, 2011, Geelong 6.12 (48) d St Kilda 6.11 (47) at MCG
2QF, 2010, St Kilda 12.11 (83) d Geelong 11.13 (79) at MCG
Want to watch the game LIVE? Click here for your free trial of AFL Live Pass
THE SIX POINTS
1. Geelong’s 101-point thrashing of St Kilda at Simonds Stadium in round 18 last season was the Cats’ third-greatest winning margin against the Saints.
2. The Cats have struggled in front of the big sticks this season. In fact, they are the least accurate team in the competition, converting just 45.9 per cent of their shots. The Saints are 12th, converting 47.7 per cent of their shots.
3. The Saints last won in Geelong in 1999. Lenny Hayes is the only player on St Kilda’s list who played in that victory.
4. St Kilda has averaged only 9.5 goals per game in 2014, which is the second-lowest in the competition. Yet the Saints’ skipper, Nick Riewoldt, is equal-third on the goalkicking table with 31.
5. Geelong has been strong when it comes to marks inside 50 this season. The Cats are ranked second, averaging 13.5 per game. Burly forward Tom Hawkins is averaging 4.2 per game.
6. Geelong midfielder Mathew Stokes has reached a career-high position in the Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade. Having started the season at No. 130 on the ratings table, he is now No. 68.
B: Rivers Lonergan Mackie
HB: Guthrie Taylor Smedts
C: Horlin-Smith Selwood Enright
HF: Bartel Walker Motlop
F: Murdoch Hawkins Johnson
FOLL: Simpson Kelly Duncan
I/C from: Blicavs Hartman Hunt Lang Stokes Stringer Varcoe
IN: Varcoe Simpson Hunt Hartman Lang
OUT: McIntosh (managed) Bews (managed)
NEW: Brad Hartman, 19, Sturt (SANFL); Darcy Lang, 18, Geelong U18
B: Dempster Delaney Shenton
HF: Murdoch Bruce Webster
C: Montagna Weller Newnes
HF: Hayes Riewoldt Milera
F: Billings Lee Simpkin
FOLL: Longer Steven Dunstan
I/C from: Jones Ross Armitage Ray Gwilt Saunders Dunell
IN: Armitage Gwilt Webster