The second game on Sunday for AFL Round 13 is between Collingwood Magpies and Western Bulldogs. The opening bounce is set to commence at 3:20 PM with the game to be played at Etihad Stadium. The favourite for the match is home team Collingwood Magpies. View our preview and teams for the game between Collingwood Magpies and Western Bulldogs.
Round: Round 13 , June 15, 2014 , 3:20 PM
Stadium: Etihad Stadium
Weather: 16° Shower or two.
All odds are subject to change. Odds listed are correct at the time of the latest update.
COLLINGWOOD and the Western Bulldogs have gone in different directions since a series of tremendous battles late last decade. The Magpies have managed to stay in premiership contention since the 2011 Grand Final without really threatening, while the Bulldogs have gone into a rebuilding phase. Having said that this game should be tight, as Collingwood have been travelling OK without being brilliant while the Western Bulldogs have been having significant costly lapses. Ryan Griffen will need to lift to match Collingwood’s class and Jordan Roughead has a big task quelling Travis Cloke. Collingwood is working well enough as a team to win, but the game should be tighter than most think.
LAST FIVE TIMES
R12, 2013, Collingwood 15.9 (99) d Western Bulldogs 9.11 (65) at Etihad Stadium
R6, 2012, Collingwood 15.8 (98) d Western Bulldogs 11.11 (77) at Etihad Stadium
R6, 2011, Collingwood 15.15 (105) d Western Bulldogs 8.9 (57) at MCG
1QF, 2010, Collingwood 17.22 (124) d Western Bulldogs 8.14 (62) at MCG
R11, 2010, Collingwood 17.11 (113) d Western Bulldogs 16.7 (103) at Etihad Stadium
THE SIX POINTS
1.The Magpies have dominated the Bulldogs recently, winning the past six encounters between the two teams.
2. Collingwood has been inaccurate in 2014, kicking 136.150 to be the least accurate team in the competition. Only one other team has kicked more behinds than goals.
3. This will be the 150th meeting between the sides and Collingwood has dominated winning 106 games to 42 with one draw.
4. The Bulldogs have won 18 quarters this season but in five games they have lost a quarter by 24 points or more. They have won six final quarters this season.
5. Jamie Elliott leads Collingwood’s goalkicking table with 24, well ahead of Travis Cloke (17) and Dayne Beams (16).
6. Scott Pendlebury has scored the second most Official AFL Player Ratings in 2014 with 224.9 points in 11 games. Only Gold Coast’s Gary Ablett has scored more this season.
B: Williams Frost Toovey
HB: Seedsman Keeffe Lumumba
C: Thomas Macaffer Young
HF: Dwyer White Blair
F: Swan Cloke Elliott
FOLL: Grundy Beams Pendlebury
I/C from: Fasolo Kennedy Ball Adams Witts Broomhead Langdon
IN: White Adams Broomhead Kennedy
OUT: Goldsack (knee)
NEW: Tim Broomhead, 20, Port Adelaide (SANFL)
B: Picken Roughead Wood
HB: Higgins Morris Murphy
C: Bontempelli Griffen Macrae
HF: Stevens Williams Boyd
F: Dahlhaus Crameri Giansiracusa
FOLL: Minson Cooney Liberatore
I/C from: Grant Wallis Tutt Jones Hrovat Johannisen Austin
IN: Boyd Austin Jones Johannisen